Sunday, March 22, 2009

INTERVIEW

Mike Fork 
Seven Day Weekend

"I told him straight up that I was going to run into the kitchen, grab whatever I saw first, then stab him with it.  He kept going and the fork was the first thing I saw."


1. First off, how was your weekend?

I actually have been living a seven day weekend this week.  Last Saturday, Shaun and I started a party at Kevin Tully's house without him knowing.  We texted everyone we could think of and put up Myspace bulletins.  Eventually word spread and friends of friends of friends were there.  The power went out and we continued to rage against the machine for three more hours.  Billy was skating around, Brock was biking, and people were smashing.

I can't remember exactly what I did monday other then going to the park; it was sick.  Everyone went for it all day long.  On Tuesday Kevin had a St. Patrick's Day party and it started my first of two--almost three--all nighters.  We played House of Pain and The Dropkicks to show off our Irish pride.  We got home around 6AM, I took the 7AM bus to catch a train to go to class. Went out skating afterwards and we ended up in Plymouth until getting bopped by the jakes. We cruised Boston for a bit and these Vietnam vets tried to sell us packs of Newports for five bucks each. We had to decline, and Allan and I overheard them fighting in their van. 

On Thursday I went into Allston to hang out with my friend Brie. We then went to Fiske's because one of his roommates wanted to have a party. They had no one there so we x'ed up our hands and snuck into Paper. It was Derek, Zach, Bryan, and myself.  It was so lame.

On Friday I went to class for seven hours then went home to eat. I got a relationship request from this girl that Brie and Steph are friends with. I haven't really talked to her, but from what I have heard and what we've talked about, she seems really cool. On Saturday she grabbed me as I was being accidentally pushed out of a third story window. Someone then spilt a beer on her and I guess I tried to fight him and I gracefully wiped it off of her. Zach and I got an invitation to sleep over at Brie's, so we made a pit stop at Tedeshci's. I bought breakfast sandwiches, chips, and drinks for everyone. However, no one would answer their phones so we ate the snacks to our face. We banged on all the windows, then we got in and I started making a lot of noise. My memory is fuzzy from there on.

2. Are Cheetos just cheesy puffs you can buy at 7-Eleven?

Cheetos are far from just cheesy cheese curls and puffs you can buy from any convenience store. There's a bad story, but the bag got ripped open and the Cheetos went FLYING!

3. Why are they dangerously cheesy?

They're dangerously cheesy for all the wrong reasons. You know how there are those situations where you know you shouldn't do something and it is wrong, but you do it anyways and derive pleasure and satisfaction from it? Well it's like that, but you also get psyched on the incident.

4. For anyone that doesn't know the bloodthirsty tale, how did you get the name "Fork"?

This one is going to leave some heads spinning. I must have been twelve years old and my mom's boyfriend at the time had been fucking around with me the entire day. I told him straight up that I was going to run into the kitchen, grab whatever I saw first, then stab him with it. He kept going and the fork was the first thing I saw. I told Zach, who told Matt Roman. Roman started calling me "Fork" and the name stuck. Mike Fork is my name just as much as Mike McKinnon.

5. I heard you have hash?

Caio called me up looking for him, but I told him that I was hanging out with some friends in the city and that I couldn't meet up with him in Everett. I called him last night, but he didn't call me back until today.

6. After almost a decade of GB, how does it feel to be one of the newest members?

I am completely pumped. We've been friends for so long and it finally happened. Being part of the Bubs was cool, but something wasn't right. We do everything together: skate, hang, party, real talk the heart to hearts, and go wild. In general I have been stoked lately despite the occasional bad time, but even then the crew is still there at all times which cancels it out and then some. I've backed the crew before I was on and now I will back it for life.

7. How did you first meet Clerk or Zerk (Zach Crockett)?

I met Zach in sixth grade. He was an acquaintance of my buddy Dave. I hung out with Dave everyday, but I was in a lot of classes with all of the former Wakefield skate gang. I think Zach hated me when I first met him because he and everyone else made fun of me constantly. We started hanging out more and then it turned into going to my house to watch Reel to Real everyday after school then going skating. When I got inducted into the now defunct Bubs, Zach was inducted. I'm not sure if he knows it though, but Southie made him a member.

8. Favorite music?

Lately I've been into my all time classics: Bad Brains, Devo, the Smiths, the Cramps, Pulp, the Mummies, and Ninjasonik. I'm also into the party music: Neutral Milk Hotel, Twisted Sister, Outkast, Lit, Blink 182, and all the other bands that have made really awesome bad pop songs.

9. How was growing up in the big yellow house across from Malden skate park?

It was kind of weird actually. My house was one away from the projects. My first friend was this kid Fred. I guess we were best friends. I tried to stop a supposed fire in his house. The "fire" was just an open window to his parents room. They were bummed. I am moving back within a couple of days.

10. Do you have any shout outs? Insight for the youth?

Just go for it. If you slam, you slam. If you hit it big, then you hit it big. Take it for what it's worth and try to have fun in every situation regardless of how good or how bad they are. If you stick by your friends they'll have your back no matter what.

Big ups to Leann. I also want to thank ALL of GB- Zach, Shaun, you (Louis), Geoff, Billy, etc., Hero at Satori/High Grade Distribution, the Talent crew, Tom, John, and Sean Tweak, Adam "Daddy Longlegs" Cowell and the Ceres crew, Phil, Noel Sinclair Boyt, Josh Murphy, Greg Harbour, Doctor Handsome, Justin Greer, Whitney Wells, Tony Mellick and the rest of the Denver/Denver Shop crew, El Vortex, Sam, and the Meta crew, Kevin Botsch, Jon Harrington, Fiske, Adam, Kevin Tulley, Brie and Steph, Bro, Bagley, and Armin from Orchard, Neal Boyd and the Small Time Skates crew, and the OG Slap pals. You've all had my back and hooked me up in some way, shape, or form since the day I've met you. Friends or die. Get buck, stay up, and GB till death.



Fork 50-50's through weekends

No comments:

Post a Comment